Re: Medieval bookbinding-Szirmai

For those interested, this is what Books In Print has on the book:

The Archaeology of Medieval Bookbinding.  06/1999  1999  Scolar Press.   =
  =3D
 J. A. Szirmai.   ISBN 0-85967-904-7  LCCN: 98-021778  Wholesalers: =3D
Blackwell.  300p.          $ 1402.95  Distributor (Publisher)=3D20

I sincerely hope that the price is a typo!

Hi I am Maria Blumberg and I have been lurking on this list for the past =
few months.  I am very new to bookbinding (just had my first workshop).  =
My background is in the fine arts  (graduate from Otis Parsons with a =
BFA in painting).  My other interests are reading, various art forms, =
fencing (and other martial arts), yoga, cooking, and gardening.=20

I found this list to be a wonderful place to learn and expand my =
knowledge in all aspects of bookbinding and  related arts.  Thank you =
all for that.  Now it my turn to offer something

I work in the Acquisitions department of a private non-profit research =
library.  Which is why I looked up the book in question on our online =
catalog.  This book is, currently available in the  Ashgate Medieval =
Studies 1999 catalog for $108.95.  Far more inexpensive that what Books =
in Prints has stated.  The ISBN is: 085967047.  I am definitely charging =
this book out when it comes in!

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Maria K. Blumberg