Re: iris and geclee prints and copyrights

I'm n expert om copyright, but I will comment on the fine art prints.
Giclee is just a fancy name for an Iris print, usually using
archival(20-100 years under normal gallery conditions)inks and paper.

The scans you do probably won't be of high enough quality for excellent
results, and that will make matching the originals much harder for whomever
prints the images.

I'd recommend finding a real artist-minded company and discuss the project
with them.  Since you are in the NYC area, I'd recommend WOW digital
(212-941-4600) or Alkit Editions at (212)462-0070 x357 alkit.com .  Call
and discuss your project and ask how their ink sets are rated for longevity
by Henry Wilhelm (Wilhelm-research.com)

Enjoy your project!

-Andy Darlow