Old English type

Dear colleagues,

We have recently acquired an old collection of type (some 50+
drawers).  We are slowly going through them.

Included are a number of drawers of Linotext type, which is a
variation to Old English.  It is less bold, and a finer style in many
ways.  The type is Foundry type, which is harder than ordinary lead
Monotype.  There are a number of sizes here, up to 24 pt, it appears,
in upper and lower case.  There are also some old Script fonts.

We have not had any calling for these styles in all our years as book
restorers.  We usually stay with Times and like-Times, and the
occasional sans serif.

What to do with these fonts?  That is the question.

Have any of you had much calling for these old styles in your work?
Are they worth keeping, for 5, 10, 20 years?  They take up a lot of
space, and we would prefer to utilize the drawers for other type
which waits for a home.

Thank you, in anticipation...

Best to all

Peter N. Krantz
Book Restorations.
P.O. Box 500,
North Sydney,
N.S.W.               2059,
AUSTRALIA.

(34 Clanville Road,  Roseville,  N.S.W.  2069,  AUSTRALIA.)

Telephone:  +61 2 9416.9900
Fax:  +61 2 9416.6800
Email:  bkfndrs@ozemail.com.au

Established:  1976