college book arts

My name is Alexis, and I am a senior art history major at Wellesley College
in Massachusetts.  I am currently researching a senior honors thesis about
the Book Arts Lab in our library.  As part of that research, I am
interested in finding out about the facilities at other schools,
particularly those that were founded at about the same time and at schools
of similar size and type.  Our lab was founded in 1943 by a Special
Collections librarian, and I did not know whether our lab was part of a
trend or kind of book arts revival in the United States at the time.  If
you have any information about similar facilities and their history at
other schools, I would so appreciate any help you could give me or if you
could point me in the right direction.  Please e-mail me privately at
adinniman@wellesley.edu

Thank you very much,
Alexis