Re: making a manuscript...

Please excuse this novicy question and it probably is my problem with the English language ;-) but...

Paul said:
The standard medieval way (assuming anything is standard in the MAs),
would be quaternions and up (four sheets per signature), with hair side
facing hair and flesh, flesh.

Question: Does "four sheets per signature" mean:
a) you take TWO sheets and fold them (= 8 pages)
or
b) you take FOUR sheets and fold them (= 16 pages)
>From the further description of how to arrange the sheets (H/F:F/H:H/F:F/H) I think it is (a), but I wanted to be sure.

Thank you for any advice,
Monika