Re: Books in sheets

We at the Alembic Press always try have some copies of our books available in
sheets, so that bookbinders have something to work on. However, as some of
the books are designed and produced with a specific binding structure
inherent as part of the book, eg accordian folds, double spines, etc, or with
tipped in paper samples, the sheets do not always lend themselves to
re-interpretation.

For example, at present we have sheets for:

Granjon Arabesque (book size 2.75 x 2.5 ins) - six pull-out concertina
sections
Oxford Doors (book size 14.5 x 10.5 ins) - asymmetric folding with two spines
Pattern Poems of George Herbert (book size 12.5 x 8.5 ins) - standard sections
Te Deum Laudamus (book size 2.5 x 3 ins) - standard sections
Ally (book size 1.5 x 2.75 ins) - standard sections
Specimens of Wood Type (book size 19.5 x 13.75 ins) - single sheets bound on
brass posts, so easily dismantled
Winchester Bookshop and Bindery (book size 10 x 6.5 ins) - standard sections

David Bolton, The Alembic Press
http://members.aol.com/alembicprs/
AlembicPrs@aol.com