Re: magazine "post-it"

>I was reading the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly (Sept. 24, 1999) and
>was stopped by the Ford Focus full page ad.  There is a post-it note
>attached to the page, so readers can pull it off and remind themselves to
>watch a live commercial.  I've never seen a publication with a post-it note,
>and wondered how they managed exact placement in the hundreds of thousands
>of copies they must publish. The wonderful audacity of the idea!
>
>Cathy Atwood

>                  <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>

The printers probably used a variation of the machine that places those
readers service cards with the rubber cement like adhesive.  They most
likely just changed the adhesive to the post-it variety and repositioned
the placement accordingly.

Happiness bought and paid for
is happiness none the less.

Duncan