books on book arts

First, I would like to thank everyone who replied to my message asking for
information about college book arts programs for my thesis.  You have all
been a great help, and I have found several of the responses to be
especially valuable.
One of the things I have found from those responses and my research thus
far is that a number of college presses seem to have been founded in the
late 1930s and 1940s.  While one of my responses indicated that there
wasn't a revival of book arts at this time, I was wondering if anyone could
recommend any books about the history of book arts or of printing that
would be able to give me an idea of what was going on at the time,
particularly in the United States.
I really appreciate all of the help you have given me!
Thanks,
Alexis