Printer's waste

Hello all bookbinders:

I had some obliging printers in my area who always
gave me their waste sheets from bad jobs. I use them
on my workbench for paste jobs. Now the printers are
contracted with the recycling companies so they no
longer want to give away their waste. And the
recycling companies don't sell it. Any ideas for a
low-cost or no-cost source of waste paper? I usually
need large sheets at least 11*17 or more.

A bookbinder friend of mine gets her sheets from a
doctor's office - the paper on which they make you lie
on the examining table!

All ideas most appreciated,

Suhag