Re: Poetry? Blake?

Hi, Lara et al,

I'm a poet and a visual artist, which led me to the book arts.  I
teach poetry, fiction writing, illuminated manuscripts, and book arts
throughout New York -- to adults and kids.

I love Blake but there are many more.  There is an exhibit, for
instance, right now, at Hartwick College in Oneonta NY (just west
of the Catskills) of the art of Mark Strand, Donald Justice, Derek
Walcott, and Elizabeth Bishop, called "Poems without Words."
There are many poets who are also visual artists, I've discovered.

My new translation of "Beowulf" is coming out in 2000, with 9 photo
engravings I did to go with it.  It's being published by Birch Brook
Press, a letterpress printer.  I'll announce it when it comes out.

Bertha Rogers
Delhi, NY