Re: Printer's waste

We have several people working each day and we use up a lot of waste
paper.  For the past few years I have received from the custodians rolls of
paper used in the bathroom dispensers.  This is the heavier paper used to
dry ones hands.  It is very absorbent, easy to tear from the roll, and
free!  These rolls are ends that cannot be used or are new rolls that were
damaged somehow so they will not fit onto the rollers.  They save these
clean rolls of all sizes and bring them to me until I have to yell
HALT!!!  Each work station has a roll and back up rolls are on a shelf next
to the sink.

At 08:24 AM 09/23/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>   I have limited space at home, and dislike using color printed material
>as waste since the colors can transfer or stick.  I got some synthetic
>material from the King Arthur bread flour catalog used for lining cookie
>pans.  This is not parchment paper, but some sort of thin coated
>material.  I like it because it is reuseable.  I can glue out a whole
>piece of cloth for a case binding, and either wipe the surface clean for
>immediate reuse or let the glue dry and scrape it off with a plastic
>spatula.  I've had these for several years.  One has a small hole in it
>from a puncture, but they are all fully functional.
>   Dorothy A.

                                     Claudia Stall
                           Head, Collection Preservation Unit
                                San Diego State University
                              Library and Information Services

              "Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently."