collaged covers/ appropriation

Hello, all. I've been working on a cover for a casebound book that is made
from magazine clippings. Now that its almost done, I don't have any idea
what a good sealer would be to protect it. Rubber cement would be flexible
enough to bend around the board but it seems like it would stick to
everything and rub off.  PVA - the same story. Clear shellac doesn't seem
flexible enough. Any suggestions ????
        Also, does anyone know how to handle the copyright issues that may
go with such a project ? I have pictures and text that someone may have a
copyright to. Would such a collage cover infringe on a copyright ? Any
comments, suggestions to other sources would be most appreciated.
                Thank you so much!!    -Carrie