Re: Collaged Covers

Carrie:

This summer a friend of mine was working on a book cover similar to the one
you have in process.  She did use PVA, an it worked fine.  She used the
thinner variety of PVA (comes in the ochre and white bottle) rather than the
heavy stuff that Bookmakers sells.  If you have trouble with a sticky
surface, I suggest the use of a little Renaissance Wax, a product sold by
Bookmakers.  I rub it on the collaged pages of my books which have been
treated with matte medium or PVA to keep them from sticking together.  Tip: a
little goes a long, long way.
Best of luck with your project,

Sharon McCartney
<lilypeek@aol.com>