Re: Collaged Covers

What you want to use is the generic sort of PVA - Elmer's glue which is white,
rather than the PVA used by binders.  The latter has ingredients designed
specifically for books, and is more flexible.  Elmer's glue, diluted about half,
makes an effective seal.  I taught a class which made collages from colored
tissue paper using this glue, wetting down the paper with it (which allowed the
colored tissue to bleed, thus "paint" with it,) and the dried product was solidly
fixed to the board on which it was done.
Charles