Re: How to treat fabric for bookmaking

The trick is to apply the glue (PVA) to the cardboard, never the cloth. Just
apply a thin coating, wait for the surface water to flash off and the PVA to
become tacky, that way the glue will not wick up through the weave. You must
be very very careful and clean when doing this because you cannot wipe off
any glue that gets on the outside, like you can with regular book cloth.

An alternative is to  line the cloth, put the glue on thin tissue paper,
then cover with the cloth. Then you can glue and paste as normal.
Personally, I think this is too much work and results in a heavy stiff cloth
that is hard to work. But many people prefer this way.

If the PVA dries too quickly and you have bubbles or loose areas,  the glue
can be reactivated by ironing the cloth.

I am wondering about your choice of "cardstock" for the pages. How stiff is
it? Will it be too stiff to turn the pages comfortably? Have you looked at
the grain direction? This is particularly important because it seems you are
"clamping" single sheets together, not folding them into signatures. It
might be useful to experiment, try clamping the pages together and see how
easily they turn.