what to do with 'em?

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01BF08CB.06A31E80

I was at an opening of a show of artist's books last night in rural Eastern
Oregon - the first time bookworks have been shown in the area. People were
appreciative of the work, but I kept getting the comment/question "I really
like it, but what do you DO with it?" I fumbled around saying, "well, you,
uh, get a nice shelf for them, or uh, bookcase, and, like, look at them over
and over..." - I have to admit, I was at a total loss for words - I am used
to talking books with other book artists, not the uninitiated.

I thought about what I do with the books in my collection - basically keep
them stored in open zip-locs until I have the opportunity to share them
during a workshop or lecture - not an exciting prospect to pass along to
someone contemplating what is for them a fairly extravagant purchase.

I've talked to collectors who love prints, paintings and sculpture, but are
also still a little confused about what to do with bookworks, especially if
they are sculptural in any way.

I'm curious how other people on the list handle this question.

Best wishes,
Roberta
paper@oregontrail.net

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01BF08CB.06A31E80

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#fff8e0>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I was at an opening of a show of artist's books last =
night in=20
rural Eastern Oregon - the first time bookworks have been shown in the =
area.=20
People were appreciative of the work, but I kept getting the =
comment/question=20
&quot;I really like it, but what do you DO with it?&quot; I fumbled =
around=20
saying, &quot;well, you, uh, get a nice shelf for them, or uh, bookcase, =
and,=20
like, look at them over and over...&quot; - I have to admit, I was at a =
total=20
loss for words - I am used to talking books with other book artists, not =
the=20
uninitiated. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I thought about what I do with the books in my =
collection -=20
basically keep them stored in open zip-locs until I have the opportunity =
to=20
share them during a workshop or lecture - not an exciting prospect to =
pass along=20
to someone contemplating what is for them a fairly extravagant purchase. =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I've talked to collectors who love =
prints,=20
paintings and sculpture, but are also still a little confused about what =
to do=20
with bookworks, especially if they are sculptural in any =
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I'm curious how other people on the =
list handle=20
this question.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Best wishes,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Roberta</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:paper@oregontrail.net">paper@oregontrail.net</A></FONT></D=

<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01BF08CB.06A31E80--