Beyond the Fold

Dear Friends
    I attended the reception for Beyond the Fold: Artists Books from
Traditional to Cutting Edge at the Gallery of South Orange, 5 Mead St,
South Orange, NJ last Friday night. The exhibit was curated by Ed
Hutchins and Judith Brodsky. It is a wonderful show. I recommend a visit
to anyone in the area. It will be up through October 31. I'm not sure of
the hours. The gallery phone is (973) 275-3040. There is a color catalog
available.
    I am one of the exhibiting artists and I was very impressed with the
care taken in every aspect of the exhibit. I attended with some friends
who are part of the New York gallery scene. They were impressed not only
with the quality of the work, but also with the atmosphere and the
people. There was a real feeling of commumity and sharing and mutual
appreciation. As my friend described meeting people at the New York
galleries, everyone is wary, trying to decide who is a threat and who
stands where in the pecking order. They found it refreshing to see
artists openly appreciating each other's work and I was happy and proud
to be part of the book arts world.

in good spirit,
Susan

Susan Kapuscisnki GTaylord