copyright stuff

I think the following by Nicholette is correct -- but you technically violate
the copyright
if you photograph your work of art and publish the photo in an ad or flyer for
your work of art. You can certainly cut up and put material from any magazine
or newspaper in a personal scrapbook.

You will violate the copyright if you try to sell the work with the
copyrighted image included.

In a famous incident, The author of "pot-shots" successfully sued a television
producer for using one of the author's epigrams on a "T" shirt as recurring
part of the
TV show. Although the TV producer bought the shirt from someone who had a
license
from the author, and the producer could have worn it himself anywhere -- he
could
not use the shirt with the epigram as part of the show.

A guide -- in the "potshot" style -- "You can read what I write, and write
what I read --
but you can't write what I wrote"

--
Tel: 805-965-5574 / Fax 805-965-2414 / email: mrcinc@silcom.com