Re: what to do with 'em?

I disagree that it's pathetic.  There are languages for which words are
inadequate.  Imagine the lover, gazing into his beloved's eyes only to be
asked, "What are you looking at me that way for?"  Or the throb of Ravel's
Bolero being met with "That's SO  monotonous!"  Or in the antique store,
looking at a Duncan Phyfe chair, and remarking, "Why all the fuss?  It's only
a chair!" For such inadequacies words seem to me to be superfluous.
    Naturalist John Muir wrote ecstatically about the high Sierras, their
sheer beauty almost, in complete silence, overwhelming his senses - but being
baffled by the gaggle of visitors who could tramp through those same fields,
over those same passes, without ever wondering much except "when's dinner?"
    They're going to be there around all areas of beauty and skill.