Re: "what's it fer?"

Then there's the guy in the apartment below who, day after day, played the same note on his violin, over and over, driving everyone nuts.
    Finally, unable to stand it any longer, the neighbor banged on his door and demanded to know why the violinist  never played anything else?
    "Ahhhh," breathed the player, rolling his eyes knowingly, "Musicians from the beginning of time have been looking for the perfect note; and me?  I've
FOUND it!"