paper mulberry

> Date:    Sat, 30 Oct 1999 15:04:33 -0400
> From:    Olivia Hibel <olivia@GHPLUS.INFI.NET>
> Subject: Re: Steaming Paper Mulberry Bark
>
> I'd appreciate it if you would forward such info to me as
> well.  I have two mulberry trees outside of my front door, and
> have made paper with the mashed berries.  Would love to use
> the barK!

I'd just like to point out in case of any confusion,
that mulberry trees and paper mulberry trees are not the
same plant. (if everyone already knows this, sorry)
 Does the paper mulberry have berries like the true mulberry??

In Japan, I think they more or less boil the inner bark
in open vats.

Susan Fatemi
susanf@peer.berkeley.edu