Mulberry Tree

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BF24DA.189435E0

Hi,
The trees in Long Island that my friend gets her branches from are as =
tall as a house. When she prunes the trees for paper, usually after the =
leaves fall off in Fall, the trees sends out several new shoots from =
each pruned location.  As far as quantity, it depends on the age and =
size of the tree you're harvesting branches from.

In my email of a couple of days ago, I mentioned that she scrapes her =
bark immediately after steaming. The more important point that I should =
have mentioned is that she steams the branches right after harvesting. =
The results are night and day and by 'right after harvesting' I mean the =
same day. The paper comes out dull, lifeless looking if not steamed =
immediately whereas if steamed immediately she can achieve an almost =
white paper.

Also, I said she put her branches in a pot for steaming on a 'vegetable =
strainer' when I should have said a 'vegetable steamer', the kind that =
sits on little legs with the water boiling/simmering below and it opens =
up to resemble a satellite dish.

By the way, I did ask her if I could share her name and she said yes.
Her name is Mary C. Leto and she can be reached at (516) 588-3646 - the =
area code will be changing in the next year? to (631)

If anyone is really keen on making paper with a mulberry call her as =
she's not on-line  - she's really approachable and loves talking to and =
getting inspiration from new 'artist friends'.

MCE

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BF24DA.189435E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>The trees in Long Island that my =
friend gets her=20
branches from are as tall as a house. When she prunes the trees for =
paper,=20
usually after the leaves fall off in Fall, the trees sends out several =
new=20
shoots from each pruned location.&nbsp; As far as quantity, it depends =
on the=20
age and size of the tree you're harvesting branches from.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>In my email of a couple of days ago, I mentioned =
that she=20
scrapes her bark immediately after steaming. The more important point =
that I=20
should have mentioned is that she steams the branches right after =
harvesting.=20
The results are night and day and by 'right after harvesting' I mean the =
same=20
day. The paper comes out dull, lifeless looking if not steamed =
immediately=20
whereas if steamed immediately she can achieve an almost white=20
paper.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Also, I said she put her branches in =
a pot for=20
steaming on a 'vegetable strainer' when I should have said a 'vegetable=20
steamer', the kind that sits on little legs with the water =
boiling/simmering=20
below and it opens up to resemble a satellite dish.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>By the way, I did ask her if I could share her name =
and she=20
said yes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Her name is Mary C. Leto and she can be reached at =
(516)=20
588-3646 - the area code will be changing in the next year? to=20
(631)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If anyone is really keen on making paper with a =
mulberry call=20
her as she's not on-line&nbsp; - she's really approachable and loves =
talking to=20
and getting inspiration from new 'artist friends'.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>MCE</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_006D_01BF24DA.189435E0--