Translating rates

This is a bit of a stretch for the list, but I know there are people with
experience out there.  I am working on translating a book from Norwegian
to English that is about Petersburg.  It is the first time I have done
this and it is a lot of work!  Interesting, yes, but very time
consuming.  Do any of you know if there is any standard rate of payment or
amount of the profit that goes to a translator?  Please reply to me
personally.  If others are interested in the responses you can let me know
and I'll send them on or post to the list only if it strikes a cord with a
lot of people.

Thanks for your help.

Joyce Jenkins
Petersburg, "Alaska's Little Norway"