Re: IMPORTANT LIST CHANGES, PLEASE READ

> What I do care about is censorship.  I am firmly in control of my delete
> key.  I know when and how to use it.  I don't need you to do it for me.
> If you are annoyed about the threads, say so and then use your delete
> key.  But now you will have to read and approve of all of the mail, and
> I am uncomfortable with that.  What if I discuss something related to
> book arts you don't agree with?  It means I am not heard by others who
> might be interested.  I know you probably won't be guilty of that, but
> it is a slippery slope to start down, believe me.  If you are serious
> about this and only intend to delete attachments, I will stay on the
> list (even though I wish there was more on the ART side, and the BOOK AS
> ART side and less on the mundane).  If you are censoring regular mail,
> even threads that are not technically 'book arts', I am off in a New
> York minute.

Moderating a mailinglist, I have been doing this now for almost three years, is
a very time consuming service offered to the subscribers of the list. We know
Peter's activities for quite a number of years now, and a LOT of confidence is
justified.

Ton Cremers

http://museum-security.org/
The Museum Security Network is made possible
by generous sponsorship grants by Mosler Inc
(http://www.mosler.com/),
and the Netherlands Museums Association
(http://www.museumvereniging.nl/)

http://natconf.si.edu/