Marbleing paper

Austin Jones asked a question about good papers to use for marbling, and
since Paula Gourley and I were just working together today, maybe we can
help. We used Mohawk superfine which worked pretty well, but the best paper
was Frankfurt and Niddegen. Both of these have a laid surface and warm colors
which show up the rich gouache colors beautifully. I'm not sure if they are
acid free. Iris Nevins said some important things about checking the ph if
this is a big consideration. Sometimes I wonder if we worry too much about
this longevity issue.

Mila N.