Re: Marbleing paper

Mila Nazdarovya schrieb:

> Austin Jones asked a question about good papers to use for marbling, and
> since Paula Gourley and I were just working together today, maybe we can
> help. We used Mohawk superfine which worked pretty well, but the best paper
> was Frankfurt and Niddegen. Both of these have a laid surface and warm colors
> which show up the rich gouache colors beautifully. I'm not sure if they are
> acid free. Iris Nevins said some important things about checking the ph if
> this is a big consideration. Sometimes I wonder if we worry too much about
> this longevity issue.

Hello folks,

A question and an answer.

Iris which company produces the "classic" series? Or is that the name
of the mill?

Frankfurt and Niddegen (they are called by other names here in Germany)
are both acid free and buffered. The company that produces them here is called
Zerkal.
They are great papers to work with in general and I've had no problems
with marbling.

Just my two pfennige (cents)
Chris