pochoir and damp paper; also perspex

A while back I mailed for advice on damping paper (prior to printing) on
which pochoir had been done. Many thanks to all who replied. FWIW, in the
end we redid the sheets with pochoir illustrations on them: the artist
worked on them first and I then damped them and printed on them. There was
some set-off from the pochoir so I had to use masses of interleaving on
damping and drying, but in the end it worked. When we did it the 'obvious'
way round - me printing then the artist stencilling - the
gouache/watercolour that the artist used had a tendency to 'gather' where
the type had compressed the paper, with the result that you could read the
words on the back of the sheets: they appeared (backwards) as darkening of
the pochoir - infuriating and a terrible waste of HMP.

A new question. I am using a sheet of perspex (tm) on a box - just a sheet
cut to an oblong shape. Any advice on getting a nice smooth edge where it
has been cut?

Best wishes, Martyn Ould

The Old School Press

The recent mail skirmish prompted me to dig out the following that I found
about ten years ago, and to tweak it a little (it used to be about
newsgroups). I attach it as a tribute to the work of our listmaster and his
patience with us all ... and because I think it is funny ...