Inks

Greeting to all I have joined the list and have a question about Medieval
Inks.  Are there any good resources on making your own from natural
ingredients? What was used when the illuminating had gold in it?  Anybody
have experience on the making of their own inks, how did they turn out?

I am new to books and have very many questions and I hope to find some
answers.  As well I hope that I can help return the favors.

Regards,
Corey Minch