Re: Inks & Gold in Medieval Mss.

Beth--

Of course today there are many more >accomplished< calligraphers than in=
 1981 when I studied with Ieuan Rees in Wales, but I think there are=
 actually fewer armchair calligraphers, since people have come to realize=
 that it actually takes work and ability to be able to produce real letters.

Not to offend ;-)

PS do you know Eliza Holliday (Schulte)? She's in Fernandina Beach.

"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to forget it."

Peter Fraterdeus, semioTx, Inc.  http://www.semiotx.com
                  dezineDigerati http://www.designdigerati.com
Type on the Edge of History; In Search of the Wild Photon, &c.
http://www.dezinecafe.com/fraterdeus=20

Join the Movement to Banish "Reset Form" buttons!
http://www.dezinecafe.com/formbuttons Pass it on!

                 =20