Book Cover Insets

I am working on a book about the west coast of Newfoundland which will be a Japanese-style concertina book (folded pages tipped together) with a piece of
stone inset in the cover. I have inset labels and photographs before, but never something less flexible than the boards. The plan is to have the stone cut
into thin slabs and backed with epoxy, and I'm using a yellow ochre Asahi cloth for the cover, which is about 12" x 9". The piece of sone will be around
1.5" x 3".
My question is what glue do I use to adhere stone to cover? Epoxy? Glue gun? I would appreciate any advice...
Thanks in advance,
Tara