Re: Inks & Gold in Medieval Mss.

>I really don't agree with you, Peter!  Jerry Tresser proved to me that
>the weather makes not a bit of difference in gilding. It's the gesso
>recipe that makes the difference. I can gild on gesso, using his recipe,
>whether it's bone dry or raining.
>
>Sally

More sugar?

Then the ms. better be kept bone dry ;-)

"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to forget it."

Peter Fraterdeus, semioTx, Inc.  http://www.semiotx.com
                  dezineDigerati http://www.designdigerati.com
Type on the Edge of History; In Search of the Wild Photon, &c.
http://www.dezinecafe.com/fraterdeus

Join the Movement to Banish "Reset Form" buttons!
http://www.dezinecafe.com/formbuttons Pass it on!