Re: Support Press at Colorado College

Prof. David Mason
Department of English
Colorado College
Colorado Springs, CO

Professor Mason--

I'm very sorry to hear about Jim Trissel's death. His press is well loved by=
 generations of students at CC. I hope that CC will find a worthy inheritor=
 of Jim's position.

Jim invited me to teach a class in book structures in the winter session of =
1991.
It turned out that the Gulf War began the day before my class, and I spent=
 much of my three and a half weeks with CC students and others at the vigil=
 in the middle of the main drag in downtown Colorado Springs. I have always=
 remembered that unique time with great admiration for Jim and the work that=
 he inspired from his students.

The Press at Colorado College is a vital and important institution. I hope=
 that the College will see the wisdom of continuing its support.

With regards

Peter Fraterdeus
Type Designer, Calligrapher, Letterpress Printer

Publisher, www.designDigerati.com, www.lettering.com, www.alphabets.com
"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to forget it."

Peter Fraterdeus, semioTx, Inc.  http://www.semiotx.com
                  dezineDigerati http://www.designdigerati.com
Type on the Edge of History; In Search of the Wild Photon, &c.
http://www.dezinecafe.com/fraterdeus=20

Join the Movement to Banish "Reset Form" buttons!
http://www.dezinecafe.com/formbuttons Pass it on!

                 =20