Some Newbie Questions

Here are few questions, I would really appreciate your help -
I am in USA. I am trying to get my hands around printing
books in the USA.

1- Is there any difference between printing prices in the East
   Coast compared to West Coast ?

2- Which place is considered the hub for printing industry (i.e.,
   like Detroit is for Auto industry)

3- Does anyone know of good printing presses in Sacramento Area,
   for printing books.

4- Where to go for purchasing used printing machinary, any
   publication/magazine I should refer to.

Thanks

Noman Hassan
Sh. Muhammad Ashraf