Re: [Fwd: A Bookbinding "Riddle"

From: Dave Walkden <dwalkden@snet.net>

<Editor's note: the person for who Uri passed this on to the list for is
not on the list...>

Presumably, the Wednesday in question has passed. Do you know the
answer?

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:37:54 +0200, you wrote:

>Who might help this student from Virginia ?
>I tried several search engines, but with no success.
>A certain "previous personal knowledge" is needed here.
>
>Melinda Foulke wrote:
>
>> I am currently a student at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
>> University.  My music teacher is giving extra credit if I can find the
>> answer to one of his questions by Wednesday at 10:00am.  I was =
wondering if
>> you could help.  I will definitely give you credit for this.  :)
>>
>> His question was:
>>
>> What has recently been recovered after 500-600 years and which had =
been
>> used to wrap bacon and as book-binding material?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Melinda Foulke

Philobiblon: Book arts different by design
Hand binding, conservation, and project websites for historical agencies
Peter D. Verheyen
<mailto:verheyen@philobiblon.com>
<http://www.philobiblon.com>
Home of the Book Arts Web & Book_Arts-L