music question

Hi all
As a musician who enjoys bookarts as a hobby (and who loves reading this
list), I thought the original question seemed to be asking for a specific
piece or manuscript, rather than the material used.  I wonder if the person
who originally posted the question could find out if this is true, and if
so, what answer the teacher had in mind?  I couldn't think of a
newly-discovered music manuscript from the 12th or 13th century (can't
remember the dates mentioned) that has been in the news lately.
Thanks
Tish Berlin
Albany, CA