Re: music question

On Mon, 27 Aug 1956, Letitia W. Berlin wrote:

I couldn't think of a
> newly-discovered music manuscript from the 12th or 13th century (can't
> remember the dates mentioned) that has been in the news lately.

The "Morning Edition" report played some of the music that was apparently
recently recovered from parchment pieces.  The works were written about
500 years ago and, if I remember correctly, were typically parts of
compositions rather than the whole composition.

The NPR web site may well have information posted.

R*

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle