thank you for all the responses

Thank you  to everyone who sent me email about sewing frames.
I will be sending a summarized collection of all the answers back
to the list so it goes into the archive. Several folks asked me to
do this. Its a valuable set of resources.

I think I will either save my money for other toys..um...tools,
and ask my father to help me make a simple sewing frame to
see if I really like using one.

thanks!
Annette Wagner
anet@awrob.com