Re: typography question

Ron Koster wrote:

> If we minded our p's and q's (which refers to pints and quarts) we'd be
> dotting our t's and crossing our i's!

Actually, as far as I understand that is not entirely correct...

Instead, many sources suggest that it does refer to a piece of advice
that master printers gave to their apprentices when handsetting in the
old days, since p's and q's are quite easy for a beginner to mix up when
you look at them.

Mats Broberg
letterpress printer