Re: typography question

At 10:04 PM 12/10/1999 +0100, Mats Broberg wrote:
>Instead, many sources suggest that it does refer to a piece of advice
>that master printers gave to their apprentices when handsetting in the
>old days, since p's and q's are quite easy for a beginner to mix up when
>you look at them.

Actually, the more I think about it, you guys are probably right! Funny,
though, that the expression seems to have taken such a popular historical
root in that tavern lore (which, I admit, doesn't seem half as plausible as
the typosetting explanation).

And so I stand corrected! Unless, of course, we're now *all* wrong.<g>

Ron ;)

On CD? How Peacefully The Trees-> http://www.psymon.com/art/
A Letter To An Imaginary Friend-> http://www.psymon.com/letter/
Sterling Moon Specialty Coffees-> http://www.sterlingmoon.com