"Yes" stikflat glue

I've been a lurker on the list for awhile now, and it has been very
interesting and helpful to read everyone's experience. I am very much a
beginner, and I have had "Yes" brand "stikflat" glue recommended to me by a
local art store for bookbinding. I wonder has anyone used it?  Is it the same
thing as PVA glue? And how does it hold up over time?
     As a secondary question, does anyone know what I can use to glue very
porus and translucent paper (rice paper actually) to paperboard without the
glue seeping through and darkening the rice paper? Thanks for any help you're
able to give!

Wanda