Rare Book School winter/spring 2000 sessions

The following message is being sent to bibsocan, Book_arts-l, Exlibris,
rarebooks-l, and SHARP:

-----------------
RBS JANUARY 2000: Rare Book School is offering three courses in its January
10-14 session:

        11      Book illustration to 1890 (Belanger)
        12      Introduction to rare book librarianship (Traister)
        13      Implementing encoded archival description (Pitti)

The Traister and Pitti courses are closed. There is one place open in my
illustration course.

---------------
RBS MARCH 2000: RBS is offering two courses in its March 13-17 session:

        21      Introduction to descriptive bibliography (Belanger/Noble et fils)
        22      Electronic texts and images (Seaman)

We will be sending admit letters to the March session applicants in the
first week in January. We have had 15 applications thus far for the desbib
course, all of whom will be admitted. We're thinking of cutting the course
at 18 but may go to 24 if there is a heavy enough demand. At this date,
there are still places open in the Seaman course.

-------------
RBS MAY 2000: RBS is offering two courses in its May 8-12 session:

        31      Book illustration to 1890 (Belanger)
        32      Rare book cataloging (Leslie)

We will begin sending admit letters to the May session applicants in early
February. At this date, there are still places open in both courses.

RBS SUMMER 2000: RBS summer session 2000 will run for four weeks,  July
17-21, July 24-28, July 31 - August 4, and August 7-11. The schedule of RBS
summer session courses will be posted here electronicly at the end of January.

Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903
Tel: 804/924-8851   FAX: 804/924-8824  email: belanger@virginia.edu