Re: Soft Cover Binding Question

My answer to question 1:

            I normally make the spine reinforcement about a 1/8 th inch
narrower than the width of the book spine out of the same material as the
flexible boards.  I really have never noticed whether I can the see the
problem you identify.  I use that width to allow a 1/16th inch leeway in
attaching the case to the text so the spine reinforcement isn't jutting out
past one edge of the spine.

    Could you make the boards and spine one continious piece of flexible
material thereby eliminating the line or indentation you speak of?

Jim Trent