Bookbinding 2000 or Paper and Book Intensive

I'm trying to decide which one of these two "shows" to attend this summer
and wonder if anyone has any opinions about the two. They are very different
types of events, and I would love to do both but that's not an option. I
want to learn more about the old craft of bookbinding, repair and
conservation. Could I learn just as much about conservation, gold tooling
and the like from books as I could from a lecture? I'm also interested in
new forms of bookbinding. This years line up at PBI looks great, but so does
the Designer Bookbinders show that will be at Bookbinding 2000!!!WHAT SHOULD
I DO!???

Thanks too all how give me their two cents worth.
Sherri McDonald