by
Wilber Schilling

Creating  a Career in the Book Arts

Saturday, January 29, 2000
7:30 p.m.
Humanities Auditorium
Scripps College
1030 Columbia Avenue
Claremont, California 91711

The lecture is free and open to the public

and you may find this fascinating:

Take the
Frederic W. Goudy Workshop
with
Wilber Schilling

Experimenting with Photo-polymer Plates for
Letterpress and Printmaking

In this workshop, we will learn how to make polymer
plates without a platemaker, using a contact print  frame.
We will see how to make them into a relief or intaglio
plates for letterpress printing or an etching press.
We will also experiment with making imagery by,
for example, using a negative as a scratchboard.

January 29-30, 2000
9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Scripps College Press
Sheets 100

Cost: $120 Reservations required

Wilber Schilling received his MFA in the book arts at
the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, worked at
Campbell-Logan Bindery and studied binding with
Daniel Kelm. He runs his own business in digital
letterpress and production design binding in Minneapolis.
He exemplifies the new generation of exciting young
letterpress printer/binders.

Send check for workshop by Jan. 21 to:
Scripps College Press
1030 Columbia Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711

For further information, contact Prof. Kitty Maryatt,
Director of the Press, at (909) 607-3866 or
KMaryatt@ScrippsCol.edu