Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 4 Jan 2000 to 5 Jan 2000 (#2000-6)

"My second problem is with papers.  I need to print on both sides of the
paper, and regular ink jet paper bleeds through.  I found some nice paper
from Great White that solves the bleeding problem, but it feeds into the
printer very badly.  I literally have to feed individual sheets.  I also
found a paper that feeds well and does not bleed through, from Southworth,
but it is 28 lb. paper, which is makes for pretty stiff pages.

So, question number two is:  Does anyone know of a nice, 20 - 24 lb. paper,
coated both sides, that keeps ink from bleeding through, yet feeds well?"

Ed,
 I use an Epson, they are great printers and I have found when I print on
coated ink jet paper it does do not run. I think this is a combination of
the Epson ink formula and the paper chemistry.
I took a full color photograph  I printed on a shiny coated in jet stock
and put it under the running facet. No runs. The paper did swell a bit,
until it dried out. I did not test black by itself. The paper I use is by
"Weber Valentine", it comes in a number of weights, some coated on both
sides, you might ask for some samples to test. The site is
http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/photo_papers.html