Re: bookbinding books

Do I detect a little snobbishness in Arthur Johnson's remarks about
Laurence Town (not Towne)? "What does he know about binding books, he's
just a potter!"

I first read Town's book long after I had learned the importance of paying
attention to grain, so I hadn't noticed that the author didn't mention it.
Could it be that the subject was so ingrained in him that he took it for
granted everyone else knew about it, too?

Betty