Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 4 Jan 2000 to 5 Jan 2000 (#2000-6)

Bleeding through is not the same as bleeding or running.  In this case
(pardon me if I mis-interpret...) the paper is printed on one side.
Then the paper is run through the printer a second time, printing on the
reverse side.  The image from the first print shows through the reverse
printed side, interfering with the second image.  This is different than
running or bleeding on the same side of the paper, and doesn't really
apply to water solubility of the ink.  This is a problem I have
encountered many times, due to the wet quality of ink jet inks.  I tend
to try heavier paper, but also have a printer that accepts heavyweight
paper through a feed tray in the rear of the printer.  Anyone have
suggestions about paper that can bend through a regular printer
operation without shifting and creating back-to-back registration
problems while still avoiding bleed-through?

mjlinford@worldnet.att.net