Re: paper and polymer plates

Crow's Shadow is on the Umatilla Indian Reservation in eastern Oregon, just
outside of Pendleton. They are a non-profit art facility that provides
educational, economic and social opportunities for Native Americans through
artistic development. Part of the "social" mission includes inviting a
diverse group of artists to the institute, so most workshops are open to the
general public.

They have a print studio (etching and litho press), darkroom, computer
graphics lab and gallery.

The winter workshop schedule deals mainly with traditional Plateau arts,
while the summer schedule has several print workshops. They work with Keith
Howard, George Roberts, Eileen Foti from Rutgers Center for Innovative Print
& Paper on a regular basis, as well as other printmakers.

The print studio is open several nights a week at a very reasonable
materials fee for artists to print their own work.

They have some very good special events as well. This summer Tim Rollins
(Kids Of Survival) is visiting to work with local youth.

Right now I am working at Crow's Shadow with teenage boys who are in a
treatment program for kids at risk. They are all creating their own artist's
books - I will be putting together an on-line show of their work and will
post a link to the list when it is up.

The web site has been down because of a server problem, but you can try it
in a few days if the link doesn't work now:
www.umatilla.nsn.us/crow.html

If you'd like to be added to the mailing list to receive workshop schedules,
just email them at crow@oregontrail.net