Gouache fixative????

Hi Everyone!  I am currently working on an one-of-a-kind book that
includes a gouache painting.  I want to fix it so that it doesn't get
damaged as people handle it and against the elements.  What could I put on
it that wouldn't smear the image, yet protect it?  Thanks for any guidance
on this project!

Marcia Buch
Marcia_Buch@watkinson.org