Re: Gouache fixative????

>Hi Everyone!  I am currently working on an one-of-a-kind book that
>includes a gouache painting.  I want to fix it so that it doesn't get
>damaged as people handle it and against the elements.  What could I put on
>it that wouldn't smear the image, yet protect it?  Thanks for any guidance
>on this project!

As Paul suggests (and doesn't elaborate??? Curious.), glair, which is
the white of the (free-range, organic!) egg, beaten 'til stiff, and
then let to collapse until liquid (with any remaining bubbles skimmed
off), is a great medium for pigments such as gouache.

Of course, if you're using glair, you can simply mix dry pigments
into it, and avoid the typically messy modern gouache, which is often
made with excessive amounts of gum arabic.

Hope this helps!

PF
"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to forget it. "
Peter Fraterdeus, semiotx.com
                   dezineCafe / http://www.dezinecafe.com

Type on the Edge of History; In Search of the Wild Photon, &c.
http://www.semiotx.com/fraterdeus

Join the Movement to Banish "Reset Form" buttons!
http://www.semiotx.com/formbuttons    Pass it on!